Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Weekend!

Had a baby shower for my cousin Regina who is due in April with a baby boy! Turned out pretty good. Aside from a few mishaps along the way. I had baked a cake and was going to decorate it for the shower and brought it out to Mom and Dads along with fruit for a fruit tray. I got all the fruit cut up and stuff and got ready to mix up the fruit dip and had washed the beaters and was putting them back in the mixer not thinking about it being plugged in and accidentally hit the power button and it sucked my bad left hand right into it. By the time I got it stopped and got my hand pulled out one of my bad fingers (the ring finger on my left hand) had a pretty bad cut (probably could have used a few stitches) on it right near the fingernail. Along with two other cuts one lower on that same finger and one on the middle finger next to it! It hurt pretty bad. So I guess I'll remember that it's not a good idea to try and add fingers to the mix! LOL O well could have been much worse if I hadn't been able to get my hand out in time! It's still pretty sore today but pretty much stopped bleeding and starting to heal up!

Well, my hubby and I are heading back home to Pa this afternoon probably pretty quick so I guess I better go and get our stuff together! (I had fallen asleep at the kitchen table after we ate the cake that I did finally get decorated (ended up decorating it for my parents birthdays which were in February! LOL).

Well Better go. Got lots to do this week but glad for a day to relax before going back to the grind! LOL

No comments: